Monday, October 26, 2009

The coming out

1st of the Journey serie


Horizon Between Heaven and Hell

a treashold, a point in time...
Calm, quiet and still.
A journey through life
Contrasts...
The beginning or the end...
Perspectives on a single mom's life...
Sometimes, i am not leading the way...
Sometimes, i just can't...
Going back is impossible... looking forward is hard...
Loneliness is a journey...


This idea stayed in my head for a few days. When I started, I used rubber cement to cover parts of the canvas, but ran out and the results was not pleasing, to me anyway. So I used PRIMER (hahahaha) and restored to it's original pure white state...

And waited again... I had explained my concept to Jay but could not yet translate it to a picture, until now.


The best thing... my baby, who is 5, took part in it. She helped me mix the colors and even applied some to it.

I am very pleased about this piece because it came out as I saw it. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to create something that exists only in your mind...
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment