Monday, October 26, 2009

A nice surprise

A cold night in October....

is a total accident.


I had planned a two pages mix media pieces to cover all of what Hurricane Katrina had left in my mind and.... well, i could not find the right composition.

So I worked on one canvas and left the other alone for a few hours... Mischievous things, you know, canvases... They have a life of their own, and when you leave a slightly touched canvas alone for a few hours... well you know... ideas come along and things happen. That was the case I brushed the wax with tempera paint. Just to see what could happen. I did not care about messing up because I was already happy with the other that I had just finished.

So I used my fingers and got dirty.... when I decided to really look at it... I was speechless.

and I only 1 thought in mind.... I was now addicted to painting... badly...

Needless to say, when Jay came back from his jam session. His jaw dropped... He had never expected this. (to see his baffled expression was actually what made me the happiest on that day)
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment