Monday, October 26, 2009

Intro to the Muses

Hello artists out there...

My name is Mel. I am based in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. I created this blog to exchange with other artists around the world. Je parle aussi francais couramment y un poquito espanol. With 6 kids, ranging from 5 years old to 13 years old, a black cat named Boots and a base player as a husband, my life is everything but boring. I am not set into one specific medium. I paint, mostly abstract, (with wax, acrylic, tempera paint, glue and add other pieces to my canvases like metal or plastic pieces), make mix media boards, scrapbooks or memento albums and write. I am very eclectic art wise and very curious.

I am inspired by many things: the smell of coffee in the morning, my little 5 years old cuddling with us in bed, a gull flying accross a grey sky, the pink sunrise that I admire almost everyday and sentences in different songs.

Inspiration always strikes when you least expect it. Be ready... at all times
Until the next time, take a few minutes, be creative.
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment